South Korean Skincare is all the rage this season! We're looking forward to seeing Mask House at this year's show, with a variety of quirky masks and skincare products to try. But why are we so set on borrowing beauty tips from South Korea? Well they've managed to combine innovative technology with ancient traditions, resulting in some of the best skin in the world! Most Korean women use an 8 and 10-step skincare routine each and every day to help keep their skin looking healthy and beautiful, we've together a 10 step South Korean Skincare Regime by Mask House UK to help get your skin glowing this Winter!
1: First Cleanse: Use an oil cleanser to initially remove all oil based impurities including sebum, makeup and sun screen.
2: Second Cleanse: For this step a foam cleanser is used to remove water based impurities such as sweat and dirt.
3. Exfoliate: Use a gentle exfoliator 2-3 times a week to remove dead skin cells, promote cell renewal, unclog pores and allow better product absorption.
4. Toner: Toners aren't just for oily skin, they can be used to balance your skin's pH levels as well as delivering other fantastic ingredients such as Olive. Toner is often called 'skin' in Korean Skincare e.g 'Olive Real Skin.'
5. Sheet Masks: Use a mask 2-3 times a week. Masks are made with the same ingredients as serum, however as they are left on the face for 20-40 minutes and are usually drenched in serum more is absorbed into the skin. A mixture of masks is usually best so you can combat any issues you may have.
6. Essence: Generally less concentrated than serum, their main purpose is to moisturize the skin and make the most of the serums that follow.
7. Serum: Formed with active ingredients to target specific concerns, you can switch your serum up day to day or you can also use a few at a time to combat all skin problems e.g Green Tea Seed Serum for moisture and Its Skin Power 10 WH effector for whitening/brightening.
8. Eye cream: The skin around your eyes is thinner therefore much more likely to be dehydrated. Dark circles are a problem for many people so an eye cream is designed to moisturize, brighten and de-puff.
9. Moisturizer/lotion: Used to lock in all of the wonderful ingredients you've just applied to your skin whilst of course, moisturizing as well.
10. Sleeping Pack: (Only for night use) Use 2-3 times per week. It isn't called beauty sleep for nothing! Your skin regeneration goes into overtime while you're sleeping and with the help of a sleeping pack, your skin will be extra beautiful as they are packed with extra ingredients.
11. Sun protection: (Only for A.M use): SPF is very important in protecting the skin from the sun's harmful rays. Always aim to apply a sun screen if you don't wear makeup or a BB or cushion with an SPF if you do like a bit of makeup.
Find out about Korean Skincare products and sets with Mask House here. You chat to the team at this year's show!
It’s an ULTIMATE 9??0??’S #TBT TODAY as we celebrate the return of the RUGRATS this week!
We’re LOVING this bag we’ve just seen from Vivienne Westwood down at Princes Square
X Factor auditions are getting underway as of today...What do we think of the new judges panel? #Robbie #Louis #Simon #Ayda #XFactor #ITV
Gorgeous pics of Prince Louis’ christening released today by Kensington Palace
LADIES! It’s the freakin’ weekend and what better way to #TreatYoSelf