Summer is well and truly in full swing and for those of you who are lucky enough to be jet setting somewhere warmer than Scotland (it wouldn’t be hard!), the fear of frizzy hair and a glistening, sweaty glow is all too real! Don’t panic - we’ve compiled our top 5 summer beauty tips to keep you looking your usual beautiful self whilst on your travels. Happy Holidays!
1. To stop your makeup from meltin’ off your face this summer, you might want to swap your powder for a makeup setting spray. Not only will it still help your foundation stay on your face when it’s absolutely boiling, it’ll also act as a cooling mist to help when the heat gets too much! You can either splash out on Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray, or pick up Loreal’s Infallible Fixing Mist for less...
2. Waterproof mascara is a must have when summer comes around, you don’t want your mascara running down your face leaving you looking like a panda when the temperature starts rising... But if you can’t be bothered buying a new mascara, you can always use Vaseline to make your lashes look fuller and longer when you’re lounging by the pool for cheap!
3. To save yourself from shoving too much stuff into your make up bag to go on holiday, you can always use your bronzer to create a gorgeous Kylie Jenner- esque summery eye look or put it on your lips and cover with a sweep of clear gloss for a subtle lip shimmer. And not only does it double up as a makeup saviour, use it on your calves and thighs to create the illusion of long, model-esque pins.
4. We’ve all been there, you go to bed looking like a bronzed goddess, albeit a mahogany toned one, and shower in the morning to reveal your sunkissed skin…but instead you resemble Ross from friends after he got addicted to tan – not the look you were going for right?! Never fear, if you’ve had a complete fake-tan disaster whilst getting summer ready, mixing baking soda and water and rubbing it into your skin will save you from looking like a total oompaloompa!
5. As much as we love the sun, our hair isn’t as big a fan, especially if you’ve got dye through it. If you’re scared your hair is gonna go like straw after dipping in the pool and drying in the sun, you can use coconut oil at the ends to help it stay healthy,as well as smelling amazing. If you don’t have extra space in your luggage for additional toiletries, let’s face it, who does?!, then just slather your suntan lotion onto your wet locks for protection from the rays. Who says you can’t rock the gelled back look down the beach??
Congrats to @NB_Distillery for winning GOLD at the Scottish Gin Awards for their Navy strength! Why not try it for... https://t.co/lsIR7eRD1e
??? Competition Time ??? Tag the 9 friends you would take for a good night out to win 10 tickets to this year’s show, for that perfect festive day! Check in with Euro…
Get glamorous this festive season with @DirtyDollOnline bringing a range of 3D Lashes & celebrity dresses or that s... https://t.co/lutnkZYAOl
We are excited to announce @ClassyNailsShop will be bringing over 200 UV Gel Polishes to #GDO2017! What will be you... https://t.co/ELN1LL9oCC
Planning an Autumn getaway? Browse the stylish Belvoir&Co at this year’s show! They will be bringing luxurious sunglasses (as worn by Made In Chelsea Star Louise Thompson)
Lambrini will be coming to Girls’ Day Out with a collection of old favs & new flavours! Give these Lambrini inspired cocktails a go for a taste of what to expect at the…
We’re loving the fact Noel Fielding has worn Zoella’s blouse on Bake Off
Update your wardrobe with @FrockHighStreet at #GDO2017. Their clothing range looks to empower & inspire confidence... https://t.co/9rrrYNfCxq
Find out the results of our poll
Fancy fabulous hair?